In today’s world of glamour, we all want to look beautiful and perfect. This idea of flawless figure has taken toll on the self -esteem of many. Many women in the process of fitting in the mold of perfection go for breast augmentation.
Breast augmentation is a surgery to increase the size of the breasts and to enhance their shape. This is usually done through the placement of silicone or saline breast implants under the tissue of the breast or the chest muscle. Some of the reasons why women tend to opt for this treatment could be:
Breast augmentation Surgery Near Me fat transfer Cost Recovery
- To increase the size of their breasts so as to create a balance with their body
- Decrease in the volume of the breast due to pregnancy and breastfeeding
- To enhance their self image, etc.
Breast implants come in several different sizes so as to meet every individual’s needs. However, following are the main fat removal breast augmentation types:
- Saline implants – These implants are filled with saline solution (for example, salt water). The amount of the solution is what decides the shape, size and the firmness of the breast. If these saline implants leak, they will be absorbed by the body. Though there is very rare chance of this happening, it is still a possibility.
- Silicone implants – These implants are filled with silicone gel. If this implant leaks, the gel will stay in its outer shell (made of silicone as well) or slide into the breast implant pocket. Hence, it is obvious that patients choosing this option will need more frequent visits to the doctor for checkups.
Preparing for breast augmentation surgery
Having a consultation with the surgeon regarding your requirements (that is, the shape, size, appearance etc.) is very important. The surgeon will help you choose the correct size of the implant needed.
There are certain things that a patient needs to know and understand before they opt for this procedure –
- Having breast implants does not mean that your breasts cannot sag.
- You need to remember that the implants will not last forever.
- If in future you change your mind and want the implants removed, you might need breast lift or some other surgery.
- Breast feeding could become a challenge after breast augmentation.
How much is a breast augmentation
Make sure you are prepared physically, mentally, as well as financially before you go ahead with the procedure.
Breast augmentation Procedure
The patient is given the general anesthesia before the surgery starts.
The surgeon then makes incisions in the breast so as to create a pocket for the implant. The implant is then inserted in the pocket and placed behind the nipple. Depending on the type of implant chosen, the filling of the implant is done. The saline implants are inserted empty and then filled with saline solution whereas the silicone implants are already filled.
Once the implant is in its position, the surgeon closes the incision shut with the stitches and bandages it with skin adhesive and surgical tape.
Breast augmentation Recovery
A patient is expected to fully recover within six weeks. However, the recovery process varies from person to person.
- The patient is given the painkillers after the anesthesia is worn off.
- Swelling and soreness are to be expected for a few weeks. The scar from the surgery is permanent. Even though it will not exactly go away, it does fade with time, making it harder to see.
- In case the surgeon has placed drainage tubes near your breasts, you will need an appointment to get it removed.
- Follow all the instructions that are given to you by the surgeon and take proper care.
- In case of any unusual sign (such as redness in breast area, chest pain, abnormal beating of heart), consult your doctor immediately.
- The doctor may suggest some exercises to ease your pain, make sure you follow his instructions.
There is hardly any surgery that does not involve any risk. In this case, some of the risks that the patient should be aware of are:
- Pain in the breasts
- Leaks in the implant
- Internal bleeding
- Change in the breast or nipple sensation
At the end of the day, whether to go for Breast Augmentation or not, it is solely the patient decision. What the surgeon can do is actually pay attention to the patient’s goal and answer any query that the patient might have. And the patients, in return, can help their surgeons by asking the right questions, following the guidelines/instructions to them, and most importantly, having reasonable expectations from the surgery. Only then, the results would be satisfying for both the parties.